Saturday, November 13, 2010
A Child Needing Help
Last night I went to the football game to watch the Wildcats beat Yellville Summit. While watching the game in the fourth quarter, a Senior came up to me and started telling me all her problems. First of all, she was having problems in school with some of her fellow classmates, but her main problem was she said she was wanted to learn to read and to multiply, but her teacher wouldn't teach her. There was such a longing and emptiness in that child's eyes. I don't think I will ever forget that look. It torn my heart into after the game and I couldn't get her out of my mind. My friend said to me, "That really bothered you, didn't it?" I told her that it did and I thought that was what teaching was all about! When I go back to school I think I will try to help her as much as I can. With a child that wants to learn that much, I don't think I will have much of a problem. I just hope it isn't too late.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment